During the last 12 weeks, we went through a number of Web 2.0 applications including RSS, Podcasting, Facebook, Twitter etc, but there are lots more to explore. The implications of Web 2.0 are enormous, and they will definitely constitute a meaningful change in our world. In terms of the library, Web 2.0 also changes our ways to work and to serve our users. We use Twiki for sharing documents and information among ourselves. On the other hand, blogs and RSS feeds are also widely used to disseminate information to our users. If you have any ideas how we can deploy Web 2.0 tools in the library, please tell us!
End of Web 2.0?
As you know that our Web has evolved so rapidly, and not surprisingly, Web 2.0 would be replaced by Web 3.0 sometime in the future. Even though Web 3.0 is a relatively new and conceptual idea, but many IT experts think that Web 3.0 is your "personal assistant who know everything about you and can access all information on the Internet to any question" (Source: Howstuffwork - How Web 3.0 will work).
Hmm.... interesting, let's look at the following video.
What do you think about Web 3.0? Do you like it?
Lastly....
We thank for your support and participation in our learning 2.0 program. We hope you enjoy the learning process. If you have any questions about Web 2.0, your group leaders are always out there! Remember to complete all your exercises, and we will have the lucky draw next week. Below is a suggested book list for those who want to learn more about Web 2.0. We will definitely see u again in Learning 3.0 @ HKUST, cheers!!!!
Learning 2.0 @ HKUST Team,
Aug 2010
Suggested Readings
- Blogs, wikis, podcasts, and other powerful web tools for classroom / Will Richardson
- Facebook for dummies / Carolyn Abram, Leah Peralman
- Social software in libraries: building collaboration, communication, and community online / Meredith G. Farkas
- Web 2.0 & libraries: best practices for social software / Michael Stephens
- Web 2.0 and libraries: impact, technologies and trends / Dave Parkes and Geoff Walton (eds)
- Web 2.0 for librarians and information professionals / Ellyssa Kroski
- 你Facebook了嗎? : Facebook與Twitter / 林佳生
3 comments:
All participants, including myself, would like to express our sincere appreciation to the Learning 2.0 Team, especially to the two Co-Coordinators, Kevin and Kitman, for their assistance and patience during the entire learning process.
-Samson
So happy I can fulfil my learning on this part. I agree with Dr. Soong to thank Kevin and Kitman for their assistance in this learning process. Hope to learn more in future (the Learning 3.0) See you then.
Oh! It's finished now! I am used to learn a little bit of Web2.0 each week. What am I going to do next week? Thanks SO MUCH for this coordination! I have learnt a lot new things, upgraded my skills on some applications I already know, and the most important of all, I can observe and learn from others who have done much better works. Now I know next week I will start to look at other's blog one by one. THANK YOU AND LET'S MEET AGAIN IN WEB3.0.
Post a Comment